£200.00 - £230.00 per day
about 1 month ago
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Author to carry out the following principal duties:
- Develop the platform for the maintenance documentation currently held on supplier database.
- Produce processes to ensure future updates to the documentation can be carried out in a controlled and assured manner
The Knowledge, Skills and Experience expected of the Technical Author will be as follows:
- Knowledge of technical authoring tools and techniques
- Knowledge of following software solutions: MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe FrameMaker
- To be able to fully converse and interact with highly technical resources internally and externally
- Ability to use evidence based insights to ensure that deliverables meet required standards
- Ability to negotiate with and influence suppliers, technical teams and Senior Managers
- Clear and concise writing style with a flair for turning technical subjects and jargon into easily understood text, diagrams and images
- An awareness of graphic design, and the processes involved in print and online publishing.
- An awareness of technical architecture and how this is best documented
- Experience in authoring technical documents for use by technical and non technical audiences
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Technical Author, please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.