There is a vacancy for Technical Publications Authors within a leading defence client near Preston.
The job purpose will be to originate and maintain On-Aircraft Maintenance Publications. aircraft. The successful candidate will need to have proven IT skills, in particular be conversant with the use of Microsoft Office. Experience of modern electronic production tool-sets and Standard Generalised Mark-Up Language (SGML) or Extensible Markup Language (XML) is essential.
Good interpersonal skills are essential with particular emphasis on two-way communication and team working. Recent experience in the Aerospace industry or operation/maintenance of military aircraft, will be an advantage.
The successful applicant must also be proficient at verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively research source data. Familiarity with Technical Publications specification ASD S1000D is essential.
- The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following;
- The preparation of initial publications and subsequent amendments of the maintenance publications in accordance with departmental procedures. -
- Assessing and incorporating internal and external customer requests. -
- The jobholder must ensure that his/her output tasks meets the defined business needs in terms of quantity, quality and schedule.
- Maintaining the validity of management information to provide accurate configuration control.