Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
As a Technical Assurance Manager you will be part of the team responsible for the assurance of technical development and design. This assurance activity draws on the technical and production assurance outputs and the supporting change processes. The team lead the setting of the technical assurance regime, setting processes for its application and reporting of progress. The team assure the day to day application of key assurance activity particularly change and capturing of key development decisions. The team aligns the assurance activity to the objectives and timescales of the project.
This role is within the Specification and Technical Assurance team within the Operations and Infrastructure Management Directorate (OIMD).
OIMD develops the programme specifications and requirements and provides the technical authority to the organisation and acts as the internal client to the delivery units.
Please note: Although the role is primarily based in Birmingham there may be some travel required to meet with design consultants and to support the consultation process.
About the role:
* Develop assurance plans and identify resources to support the successful implementation of these plans for the Technical Directorate
* Liaise with the wider assurance activity and support the delivery of an efficient and effective technical assurance regime
* Undertake assurance activity including supporting assurance reviews, collating evidence and providing progress reports to ensure correctly carried out to support stage gates
* Support key governance and assurance meetings as required by the Technical Directorate
* Engage with the Technical and Delivery teams to define the assurance criteria for design approval, demonstration of capability, acceptance of equipment and operability as appropriate
* Confirm design and assurance requirements with third parties to ensure consistency and compliance
* Maintain procedures, competence levels and systems order to ensure a robust approach to Assurance management within the project
* Enable the integration of the assurance systems with other elements of the business BIM and IM activity.
Demonstrable ability in client management of major projects and working with sponsors, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders
Appropriate qualification in assurance management
Demonstrable expertise in the use and application of assurance regimes in major projects
Proven track record in the validation of major schemes, risk management and reporting.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.