Technical Assurance Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Assurance Manager to work on a water project in London. They will lead and manage one of three Project Technical Assurance teams to drive best value de-risked solutions, while ensuring technical performance of AMP7 contractors and consultants.
The Technical Assurance Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring technical aspects of the design, construction and commissioning phases of the project are carried out to our high standards and expectations.
- Identifying any compliance, health, safety or environmental risks associated with the project which needs addressing through the Solution and/or directly through Operations.
- Monitoring post contract award of the detailed design to ensure the solution continues to meet the requirements of the Project Brief.
- Leading and taking full project responsibility of all technical aspects during the Capital Delivery phases of the project lifecycle.
- Early identification of change and risk issues will be key to our success as well as implementing tactics and strategies that mitigate Thames Water's risk and protects our brand.
- Leading in all project technical queries (e.g. Compliance, environmental and regulatory) and liaison with the relevant authorities (internal or external).
- Manage a programme of technical audits / assessments (pre, during and post-construction) to ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality issues are appropriately addressed on all projects.
- You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in technical outputs against stretching targets.
- You will ensure that change is managed effectively ensure costs increases and programme impacts are minimised and to mitigate the risks to compliance, performance, health, safety and the environment.
The Skills, Qualifications & Experience expected of the Technical Assurance Manager will be as follows:
- Significant experience in a senior capacity in a technical or construction role within the water industry.
- Degree qualified.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the business and regulatory framework.
- Broad understanding of contractual considerations.
- Experienced in developing and implementing processes and procedures on a large scale, particularly in relation to technical quality and continuous improvement.
- Excellent leadership, communication and coaching skills.
- Strong commercially awareness with a good practical understanding of engineering contracts.
To apply for the Technical Assurance Manager role or for a confidential chat please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.