£540.00 - £560.00 per day
about 2 months ago
The Maximo Technical Architect (TA) plays an integral role in our Scrum teams supervising and executing build changes, reviewing pull requests, providing expert advice to other team members and troubleshooting complex Maximo technical issues.
Core responsibilities include:
Build Management: Setting up project respositories, creating docker images, setting up the build process local, QA, Pull Request (PR). All configuration work is done with our Client's Cloud using the toolsets (Rancher, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, etc) provided by our Infrastructure Engineering Services (IES) Team.
Release Management: After each Sprint a release package is created based upon the completed user stories (features). The TA will work with other team members to ensure all features are completed on time to ensure a release package can be deployed to high environments for testing by QAs.
Configuration Development: The TA contributes to the delivery of features by either working on features themselves or assist other members of the team.
Technical Design and Backlog Management: The TA will spend time working on specific aspects of the system technical design ensuring user stories and features are well thought out, can be estimated and any dependencies have been identified, prioritised and delivered before the specific user stories are started.
Collobaration: The TA works closely with the Solution Architect and Scrum Master to support high quality delivery of current and future sprints. They need to keep in mind the overall solution context, help identify SME knowledge required ahead of time and keep all members collaborating efficiently to maximise the throughput of the Sprint.
- Well defined lean technical documentation which supports creating technical tasking (JIRAs as improvements, user stories, features)
- Well defined and prioritised backlog
- High quality code and data artefacts alongside unit tests etc.
- Code review and merging
- Expert guidance on how to develop and configure Maximo
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- This role will report to one of the Solution Architect within the Solution Architect and Technical Delivery sub domain
- It will collaborate closely with other sub domains with the Solutions Domain and Infrastructure Engineering Services:
- Project Managers
- Solution Architects
- Infrastructure Engineers
- Scrum Masters
- Industry Solution Principals, Professionals and Associates
- Scrum Team Members
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, worked with IBM Maximo and have a very good understand of all elements within the application stack.
- Fluent in English Language
- Graduate education in a relevant degree or subsequent applicable work history
- Programming experience using Java
- Solid SQL knowledge
- XML, JSON
- Solid understanding and configuration experience using the Maximo Application stack (IHS, Websphere, DB2)
- Experience configurating and customising the Maximo framework: Maximo UI, Maximo Integration Framework, Domains, Automation Scripting, Workflows etc.
- Functional knowledge of PMs, Work Orders, Assets and Locations