Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £12.86 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
30 days ago
9 Months +
Our client a charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because they believe that life is better by water. Every role across the Trust plays its part in transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions.
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and well organised individual to join their Inspection & Technical Team based in Leeds as a temporary Technical Administrator for an initial 9-month contract, with a review to be extended.
As a Technical Administrator you will play an important role supporting the hydrographic survey team to help them deliver information that feeds into dredging projects and compliance data helping them to improve & maintain their wonderful waterway network for their customers to enjoy today and into the future.
The key functions of the role are to process the compliance canal cross sections to provide information to dredging projects and Priority Projects throughout the Trust. There will be project work as part of the role. Additionally, the successful applicant will work closely with the Bridges Technical Administrator to ensure that Abnormal Loads across the Trusts bridges are processed to minimise risk to the business. There will also be some admin support duties as part of the role.
- Be responsible for producing compliance cross sections generated from hydrographic survey models.
- Work with the Hydrographic Survey team to make sure that the cross sections are delivered in a useable format so that they can be used in a variety of different applications.
- Be responsible for planning this work to make sure time scales are meet.
- Work on producing a database of hard bed data from existing sources.
- Check and be responsible for the quality of data produced
- Act as a point of contact for staff who are "working alone" on the waterways
- Work closely with the Abnormal Loads Technical Administrator to ensure enquiries are processed with minimal delay.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent. The work of the hydrographic team is technical and any previous experience supporting technical staff would be useful.
- Experience in CAD based packages / GIS would be useful but not essential
- Experience of general administrative duties.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and business applications software such as MS Office
- Full UK Driving Licence