Up to £9.31 per hour
4 months ago
Technical Administrator; 12 month contract; based in Barrow-in-Furness, £9.31 per hour
A Technical Administrator is required to work for a large defence company based in Barrow-in-Furness on a 12 month contract.
Duties will involve;
- Undertake facilitation of the Task Allocation process including printing on a daily basis
- Maintain and update Visual Management Boards with all up to date information
- Coordinate Quality Information and update relevant databases
- Support IWT Meetings and Conditions Management Walkaround actions input/update
- Update Databases with information supplied from the Build Team
- Book, manage and record training for all manual workers and provide stats on progress/exception to the function
- Record the deployment of local records in relation to Risk and COSHH
- Support the clearing of un-costed hours by exception (Less than 5%)
- Reasonable Ad Hoc requests which draw on the coordinators skill base (e.g. creation of spreadsheets to track actions, maintain databases to ensure compliance etc)
- Support Production Support Leads and Team Leader work pack closure process ensuring checklists are completed and deadlines met
- Raise support services/ QC request and chase D&D requests
- Update Notifications from Team Leader Feedback and collate information using the appropriate systems
- Supporting Planned inspections, diarising, prompting and ensuring this is completed as per the reports received. Walking the area with the IWT and Safety Rep, collating and inputting all data from the inspection
- Spot buy- requesting various items
- Monitoring Heavy Lifting reports for out of date tools and raising requests
- To support overall functional governance activities and record all compliance documentation.
Excellent communication skills are required in order to liaise with other Internal and External organisations. You will be accountable for core tasks ensuring quality adherence and legal compliance. You will be able to prioritise your workload and be skilled in the use in Microsoft Packages and specialist packages as required. A good standard of general education (minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade A - C including Maths and English or equivalent is desirable. You will be working towards/achieved European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Extra Level 2 or the equivalent in Microsoft packages
You will be an organised individual who is reliable and always keen to help, whilst paying particular attention to detail, with the ability to work as part of a team. You will hold an apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 (National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)) or equivalent. You will ensure and maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times. Level 2 keyboard skills would be an advantage. Previous experience working within a busy administrative role is preferable but not essential as training will be provided.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control