£22.00 - £25.00 per hour
14 days ago
An exciting opportunity to work as a Team Leader within a Depot for a leading Rail company. The role is based in Cambridge:
* Responsible for the control and management of all Stadler / AGA contractors on the depot, including In Process Checks.
* Responsible for the management of the ATC Control of Contractor team (night and day shunter) to ensure adequate cover is maintained.
* When operationally necessary - cover night shift DP / Control of Contractor duties to ensure Minimum Service Levels are maintained.
* When operationally necessary - revert back onto nights to cover XC CL170 FPX night shift Team Leader / Fitter duties.
* Inductions of all Stadler / AGA contractors and staff involved in the project.
* Ensuring Stadler / AGA staff adhere to the depot SMOW and all other relevant ATC policies and procedures.
* Ensuring RAMS / SSOWs' are in place for the work being carried out.
* Planning and control of all Bi-Mode movements / stabling to ensure the XC CL170 project is unaffected.
* Ensuring a trained and competent DP is available 24/7 from the ATC Control of Contractor Team to complete all Bi-Mode movements.
* Maintain effective communication with ATC depot staff, ATC departmental heads, Network Rail signaller, ROGS drivers', AGA & Stadler to ensure contractual obligations are met.
* Ensuring all areas used by the project are maintained / kept to a high standard and do not affect other depot projects.
* Safe movement of customer materials onto and around the depot.
* Support to the Depot Manager / Service Delivery Leader in other areas of the business when required.
- BTEC certificate in Engineering
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in Engineering - Rail Traction & Rolling Stock preferred
- Good standard of education
- Driver operator / shunter assessment in relevant class of vehicle
- People Management training
- Full understanding of rail vehicle maintenance
- Management of rail vehicle depot operations
- Able to interpret engineering drawings
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering
- Understanding of applicable health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
- Understanding of production efficiency techniques