Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To provide general 2D/3D CAD services to the Crossrail organisation as a whole. This will include assisting Crossrail in the production of As-Built Drawings and updating 3D Model information from Red-Line drawing mark-ups as produced by contractors on site and producing multi-discipline drawings for the whole of the Crossrail Route. As required to assist the CAD Support team in providing technical support to Crossrail contractors and managing CAD data within ProjectWise.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Understanding the processes and day to day responsibilities of the Crossrail CAD Support team and providing assistance where required, including management of CAD Data within ProjectWise.
* Liaising with external Crossrail CAD users and resolving problems associated with accounts and technical queries related to CAD data stored within Crossrail ProjectWise, using ProjectWise Administrator if need be.
* Responsible for the transfer of Red-line information from contractor's mark-ups to the correct CAD data on packages of work as designated by the Head of CAD Delivery.
* Responsible for ensuring that all Red-line information is transferred to the relevant CAD files in an accurate and timely manner.
* Ensuring that all Crossrail related procedures are adhered to during the transfer of Red-line information to relevant CAD files.
* Raising issues where the CAD file does not match the Red-line information, including but not limited to incorrect extractions.
* Responsible for general CAD services to the Crossrail organisation as a whole, with requests for CAD services potentially coming in from all disciplines. To include but not limited to: Station Fire Plans, Earthing and Bonding routewide drawings, Table A Section Appendices diagrams, Routewide Signage drawings.
* Checking and aiding in the assurance of contractor CAD submissions and verifying the CAD data tallies with the handover lists provided by the contractors.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
* Liaising with external CAD users in relation to technical queries and CAD support.
* Understanding assurance processes within the CAD Support team to ensure CAD Data integrity is maintained.
* Understanding the contract and workflow set-up within the Crossrail Projectwise environment.
* Understanding Crossrail CAD Standards and implementing these.
* Understanding the Crossrail working procedures associated with the Red-line / As-Built Drawings process.
* Liaising with busy site engineering teams to validate CAD information produced.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Working alongside and assisting if required the Crossrail CAD Support team who provide technical support to contractors.
* Will establish a good working relationship and liaise with external Crossrail CAD Users to resolve technical CAD issues.
* Working with the Head of CAD Delivery to ensure timescales for packages of work are accurate and on-time and notifying of any issues with received data or processes.
* Will establish a good working relationship and liaise with Project Field Engineer's and others regarding discrepancies in red-line mark-ups, and other queries related to incoming streams of CAD work.
* Will establish a good working relationship with and understanding of the requirements of external industry partners such as Network Rail, TfL, RfL and London Underground.
5. Person Specification
* Substantial experience within a multidisciplinary organisation using the full suite of Bentley CAD design tools, both 2D and 3D.
* Knowledge of Bentley ProjectWise and Crossrail Standards.
* Knowledge of ProjectWise Administrator.
* A full and extensive knowledge of computer aided draughting techniques is required, covering all types of engineering.
* Good understanding of the design process, across all disciplines from design through to as-built and operations and maintenance.
* The job holder must keep abreast of new concepts and advancing technology and undertake further training as necessary to update his/her knowledge of engineering, mapping and CAD technology as it develops.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team and share knowledge to resolve issues.