£25000 - £27000.00 per annum
8 months ago
ACCOUNTS & TAXATION SENIOR based in Weston Super Mare, Somerset
Working for a leading Chartered Accountants/Business Services provider.
Assistance with maintaining and developing client relationship:
- Financial Accounts preparation, review, and analysis from a range of different sources -mainly computerised but including manual records for clients of the business. This to include the accounts of sole traders, partnerships, LLP's and Limited Companies.
- Financial reporting / disclosure matters
- Assistance with calculation of adjusted profits and capital allowances claims.
- Liaison/ support / meetings with clients and report writing/letter writing/ telephone support as necessary
- Tax Return preparation and analysis for a range of different clients with a range of different source of income - to include sole traders, partnerships, directors and trusts /estates using different source material
- Basic income & expenditure accounts, income summaries and scheduling of relevant data for tax return drafting. Ad hoc reporting as required.
- Assistance with other tax issues in respect of capital taxation and indirect tax matters.
- Liaison with HMRC and report writing/letter writing as necessary
- Use of in house tax software and accounts preparation software (Digita) and industry standard products for review and analysis of client data
- Use of Microsoft Excel for data analysis and scheduling
- Use of client's accounts preparation software and industry standard products such as SAGE Xero and Quickbooks & other cloud solutions
- To keep up to date with changes in relevant tax legislation
The role will report to the Manager Corporate & Business Services and in due course will be the first point of contact for a small portfolio of clients with supervisory support for assistants.
Will be a self motivated and positive individual with a passion for quality and excellence in service delivery and client care. . Attention to detail with associated skills for communication & working as part of a team are essential as is the desire for continuing professional development
Specific skills required:
- AAT qualified
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel / OutlookTraining courses can be sourced and funded to improve skills, if appropriate.