£65000.00 - £80000 per annum + Bonus, 10% non-contributable pension
7 months ago
Morson International (Accountancy and Finance Division) . We are currently assisting our client with their recruitment to the position of Tax Manager, based on The Wirral, Merseyside.
1. Job Purpose:
The role has direct responsibility of management of the direct tax compliances and optimisation. In addition, the role is expected to oversee the indirect tax team to ensure overall controls and processes are in place to ensure full compliances, whilst Managing and maintaining a professional relationship with HMRC.
No. of Direct Reports: 1 / 2
- External: HMRC, Representation before Trade Bodies and Government agencies, Lenders
- Internal: Various departments
This role is part of the Finance department
· Direct responsibility in relation to Direct tax i.e.
- Payment of QIPS
- Coordination with advisor for tax provision computations and filing of returns
- Identify, assess and implement indirect, direct tax optimization opportunities with the regulation e.g.
o Capital allowances review
o Patent Box / R&D benefit
o Any other scheme that could benefit the organisation
· In relation to expansion / M&A - consider various tax structuring options to find optimal solution
· Develop and implement best practices for the management of direct taxes
· Ensure full compliance to legislation including
o Timely filings of various filings / returns and payments
o Finalise and publish Tax Strategy
o Compliance with CCO
o Transfer pricing regulations for cross border transactions
· Take lead from tax perspective in respect of new acquisitions and reorganisations, including if need be conducting due diligence on targets, review of tax related clauses in agreements;
· Educate management team with upcoming changes to tax laws with its implication to the business and mitigation
· Provide required support in financing / refinancing discussion / negotiations from tax perspective.
· Work with Company advisors on matters such as Research and Development tax credits
· Representation before Trade Bodies and Govt. for the issues affecting industry/ company.
· Representing the UK business for local reporting of Bio Fuels and supporting sign off procedures, incl external verification
· Build and maintain relationship with HMRC relationship manager and other team members
· Manage all audits in relation to tax areas including business risk review by HMRC
· High value tax payments circa £XXXX
· Continuous focus on business changes & correlate to impact on taxes
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree and a professional tax qualification (CTA);
· Experience working within the Big 4
· Experience of working within industry, oil & gas or Pertro-chem industry environment will be an added advantage
· Working knowledge of SAP preferred
· Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
· Ability to drive solutions to complex operational and financial issues and to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding
· IT Literate with excellent Excel skills required
· Excellent knowledge and demonstrable experience in applying UK Tax Laws and Rules.
· Highly organised, self-disciplined and analytical individual
· A confident self-starter, who will be able to lead the and guide the Finance team in all areas relating to Tax
· Strong communicator, who has an adaptable and flexible style
· Solutions driven