Morson Talent are proud to be partnering up with leading British-based property investment and development business specialising in the regeneration and remediation of brownfield land and urban environments.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join join their West Midlands based team in Longbridge on a Permanent basis.
Part of the wider Group Finance function this role is required to ensure that corporation tax compliance and support for related activities for the Group are of the highest quality.
- Work with the Tax Manager to establish corporation tax computation compliance delivery plan
- Work with external advisors to deliver information in a timely manner to prepare tax computations
- Undertake first review of prepared tax computations
- Work independently to prepare tax workings schedules, collaborating with the Group Accounting team as necessary
- Prepare chargeable gains calculations using system-generated and historical information
- Prepare group relief calculations for review by advisors
- Support tax manager with ad hoc tax queries and research
- Be responsible for the review of the Corporation Tax risks and controls matrix
- Regular review of and responsibility for all HMRC correspondence
- To prepare the tax provisioning for the half year and year end, working closely with the Tax Manager and Group Accounting Manager to ensure its accuracy and timely preparation
- Support with corporation tax amounts in the Group's budgeting and forecasting, collaborating with the Group FP&A function
- Improve the quality of the data used in the preparation of corporation tax information for either accounting or compliance purposes, ensuring it is robust and readily available to increase the efficiency of the preparation of routine information and dealing with ad-hoc requests
- Prepare well-presented schedules that can be easily reconciled and reviewed by the Tax Manager, Deputy Group Financial Controller and external advisors
- Calculate and process quarterly CT payments on account, ensuring the outstanding balance position with HMRC is reconciled and well understood
- Project managing Land Remediation Relief and Capital Allowance opportunities and their incorporation into tax computations
- Review of policy, process improvement and calculation of transfer pricing adjustments
- Independently researching and, where appropriate, liaising with external taxation advisors to establish: CT compliance AND CT planning in line with the Group's tax strategy, including partnering with the business unit finance teams on such matters
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Qualified either ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent
- Excellent technical abilities
- Experience of property taxation / capital gains calculations
- Experience of working on large corporate groups including loss relief calculations
- Ability to work using own initiative and independently
- Willingness/eagerness to be involved with and develop experience in other tax areas in the future
- Willingness to implement process/efficiency improvements
- Strong excel skills
- Confident working with large volumes of data
- Excellent written and oral communication
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to join a business fully invested in both their career and personal development. You will be encouraged to develop your existing skill set and will have the drive and ambition to deliver.