6 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
The role is to support the T&C Manager with the delivery of an integrated LV Distribution System in a railway environment. This role will focus on the commissioning of LV systems including TPD (Tunnel Pumped Drainage) MCC (Motor Control Cabinets) within the Tunnel Cross Passage Sumps and Station and Shaft Sump Rooms and the TLPP's (Tunnel Lighting Power Panels) through to integration of downstream lighting and power distribution within the Tunnels and Cross Passages.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Business in relation to the following:
* Interpretation and implementation of project programme and monitoring of site-based activity.
* Production of daily status reports.
* Provide on site escalation point for issues.
* Proactive solution-based approach to problem solving.
* Develop working relationships with 3rd parties.
* Participate in coordinated work scheduling on a daily basis to ensure project activities are achieved in accordance with Project Programme.
* Previous experience of LV system testing and commissioning with a telecommunications interface preferably in a railway environment.
* Proven experience in LV system implementation and testing with an understanding of integrated systems.
* Experience of management system testing.
* Ability to interpret Plant Class logic to assist with fault investigation.
* Review and Audit of site documentation such as ITP's, Method Statements, Test Plans and Test Specifications.
* Coordination of integration testing activities with other Systemwide and SSP teams.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk
3. Main challenges of the job
* Ensuring Project milestones are achieved.
* Coordination of multiple 3rd parties.
* Progressing project testing activity and monitoring fault rectification activity.
* Supporting the project in identifying key technical and quality issues for resolution.
* Supporting the project in building effective working relationships at the appropriate level within the contractor's team.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships:
* Supporting the T&C Manager.
* Works collaboratively with 3rd parties to achieve collective goals.
* Significant technical complexity (multiple systems and interfaces).
5. Person Specification
* Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
* Experienced in hands-on delivery of LV Systems within a railway environment.
* Ability to work well under pressure to achieve milestones.
* Previous experience working on large scale railway related Communications projects.