£35.00 - £50.00 per annum
5 months ago
My client is a designer and manufacturer of fixed and towed array sonar and combat systems for naval military and commercial applications. I seek a Systems Test & Acceptance Engineer / Manager to effectively manage all aspects of Test & Acceptance for allocated projects at a systems level from Bid stage through to final Acceptance. The Test & Acceptance manager holds the responsibility to provide test evidence to achieve sign-off against requirements for projects.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the company Test & Acceptance strategy to bids and projects whilst fulfilling project needs.
- Organise and prioritise numerous ongoing tasks.
- Communicate and influence at all levels.
- Ability to identify and task a broad spectrum of suitably qualified individuals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Seasoned in managing / leading Test & Acceptance or Systems Engineering projects.
- A proven ability writing test plans and test schedules.
- Knowledge and understanding of System Engineering, specifically INCOSE (International Council of Systems Engineers) methods.
- A proven ability in understanding of aerospace / military systems in particular maritime systems (Any highly regulated Electrical / Electronic Systems Engineering domain may be acceptable).
- A proven ability with standards (particularly Military biased Def Stan, Mil-Spec ...etc.)
- Ability to write technical reports and has written independently, extracting information from technical experts.
- Good communication and people interaction skills, including presentation and group discussions.
- Good understanding of ISO 15288 Systems Engineering processes.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Have previously provided Test & Acceptance responses to invitation to Tender/Request for Quote requests etc. (Preferably in the defence, marine or aerospace domains).
- Requirements management from a Test & Acceptance perspective. DOORS or DOORS NG (preferred).
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A TEST & ACCEPTANCE MANAGER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)