Up to £42.50 per hour
7 months ago
Our Client requires system support engineers to support a number of its IT programmes at Abbey Wood and occasionally at its base site in Christchurch.
The successful technician will work for a System Manager and be responsible for:
- Assisting in maintaining service levels across a number of operational systems;
- Helping to administer service helpdesk, managing service requests, incidents and problems;
- Support patch events, in and out of hours, on an ongoing monthly basis;
- Performing system diagnostics, proactive maintenance and fault resolution;
- Help manage and maintain operational systems to a known state;
The applicant would ideally have skills in a number of the following areas or be prepared to gain experience in others:
- ITIL - service principles;
- Knowledge of 2008/2012 Server;
- Knowledge of Linux servers (Operating Systems);
- Linux installation, configuration and administration;
- Undertaking changes in controlled environment;
- Knowledge of Networking & Firewalls;
- Active Directory;
- MS hotfixes & patching of COTS, in an operational environment;
- Awareness of rollout & rollback processes;
- Virtualisation using Citrix XenServer, VMware;
- Scripting and powershell.
- Technical documentation maintenance.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.