£30.02 - £38.57 per hour
14 days ago
Our Aerospace/Defence are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer / Tester at our Christchurch site. This long term appointment is a complement to the existing team that provides support to a fully integrated command and control system to the Royal Navy. This exciting systems & software programme covers many disciplines including design, development, installation, implementation, integration, acceptance, training and logistics support - it is run solely from our Christchurch site for delivery to our customer at their sites.
To fulfil this practical and 'hands on' role, the candidate should be qualified to diploma or degree level in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related discipline.
The candidate should also have an existing knowledge, a general interest or a willingness to learn the following. External or on the job training can be provided where required in most areas.
* Military communications systems including an understanding of radio and cryptographic equipment * Systems design and systems interfacing
* Serial communications including communication standards, serial and bespoke cabling techniques
* Network communications including networking equipment, WAN techniques, Ethernet categories and associated techniques
* Technical and physical impact of implementing a new system with an existing system *
Estimation and the associated activities for systems and installation proposals
* System setting to work and system transition
* Report writing to provide input for proposals, site surveying and setting to work
* Should be familiar with test methods, scheduling, requirements and the use of integration rigs in the development of a complex system
SC CLEARANCE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE, SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO HOLD THIS OR BE ELIGIBLE TO ACHIEVE THIS PRIOR TO STARTING THE ROLE.