neg hourly rate
7 months ago
A contract opportunity has arisen for a Simulation and Modelling Engineer to work within a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of our client's complex guided weapon systems products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process:
- Models to support initial feasibility and concept proving studies.
- Models to support design development and trade-off studies.
- Models to support ground testing including Hardware in the Loop testing.
- Models to support trials programmes, including trials predictions used as part of the fit-to-fire decision and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation.
- Full system reference models used to produce formal performance statements to support the certificate of design and design verification processes for the guided weapon system.
The Simulation and Modelling team is responsible for the development of these models. As directed by the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the development of specific aspects of the performance model used to support a key programme.
- You will also be responsible for integration of components from within the team and from other project areas.
- You will be responsible for their design, implementation, test, reviews and supporting documentation as well as maintaining appropriate design records, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality standards.
- Within the scope of your defined tasks, you will interact autonomously with the other functional teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
- You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems, and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
- You will engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- An appropriate Engineering qualification or proven ability in a relevant position, e.g. Systems or Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics.
- Simulation and Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects.
- The MathWorks products - specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow.
- Ability to produce a computer simulation (Simulink model) from a mathematical specification.
- A good understanding of the modelling process and working within a quality process.
- Knowledge of at least one formal requirements management and one code configuration tool e.g. DOORS, Rational Team Concert