SYSTEMS SAFETY ENGINEERS x3
SYSTEMS SAFETY ENGNEERS x3 - CONTRACTS 12 MONTHS - HOME BASED WITH AD HOC VISITS TO BRISTOL OR YEOVIL - AEROSPACE DOMAIN / AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS SAFETY / DEFENCE
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Assisting with programme planning and support for the following safety activities:
- Safety Programme scoping and planning
- Resource Workload Planning, Support to Bids and Proposals
- Identifying, monitoring and executing risks, issues and opportunities and supporting the development of mitigation plans
- Undertaking the development of E7 Programme System Safety artefacts and associated documentation in accordance with MoD Safety Policy, Defence Standard 00-056 and associated international standards including the development, maintenance and update of:
- Safety Management Plans
- Safety Assessments for Safety related software subsystems
- Hazard Identification and Analysis techniques including but not limited to: Functional Failure Analysis, Structured What If Technique (SWIFT)
- Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA or other Hazard Log tools
- Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports for Products and Services
- Safety Arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence and Goal Structuring Notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment (ASCE) software
- Ensuring close liaison, through proactive collaborative behavior, with other Boeing, Customer and Supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Safety Cases
- Proactively supporting Customer and Supplier Safety Meetings and chair internal and customer-facing System Safety Working Groups
- Please note that some UK travel might be expected
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Seasoned in Defence products / Aircraft System Safety ideally.
- Proven ability leading and developing Safety Assessments for MoD aircraft and/or ground based systems.
- Previous industry Safety Engineering history in the application of MoD Safety Policy and Def Stan 00-056.
- Understanding and ability applying Safety Techniques to Safety Related Data and Information Systems.
- Proven ability with common safety tools, specifically CASSANDRA, Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment.
- Demonstrating the ability to plan of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate safety status and provide performance visibility.
- Ability to effectively identify and execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans.
- Proven ability developing resource workload plans and schedules.
- Proven ability providing safety support into bids and proposals.
- Excellent communication skills, technical competencies, and skills with project management concepts/tools.