Systems Safety Engineer
Morson currently have an exciting vacancy available for a Lead Systems Safety Engineer to work for one of our Defence Clients based in Bristol.
You will undertake development and in-service System Safety activities in support of the UK MoD customer safety related Information Systems and Service Safety cases.
- Assist and lead the programme planning and support for safety activities
- Safety programme scoping and planning
- Resource workload planning
- Support to bids and proposals
- Identify, monitor and execute risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans.
- Lead on the development of System Safety artefacts and associated documentation in accordance with MoD Safety Policy and Defence Standard 00-056 for the SCIS programme including the development and update of:
- Safety Management Plans
- Safety assessments for safety related data and information systems and the selection and application of appropriate software safety techniques.
- Hazard Identification and Analysis including:
- Functional Failure Analysis
- Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA or other Hazard Log tools.
- Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports for products and services
- Safety Arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence and Goal Structuring Notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment.
- Ensure close liaison, through proactive lead behaviour, with other Boeing, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Safety Cases.
- Proactively support customer and supplier safety meetings and chair System Safety Working Groups
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Software/Applications Development background required
- Formal system safety training
- Demonstrable experience leading and developing Safety Assessments for MoD ground-based systems, Information Systems and data.
- Previous industry Safety Engineering experience in the application of MoD Safety Policy and Def Stan 00-056.
- Understanding and experience of applying safety techniques to safety related data and information systems
- Experience developing Safety Cases for information systems and Safety Cases for Services
- Experience with the use of common safety tools, specifically CASSANDRA, Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment
Please contact us for more information.