System Modelling Engineer
Location: Warton (Hybrid 3 days a week on site)
Rate: Negotiable on application, Inside IR35
Duration: 12 Months
The Client is engaged on the Dreadnought Active Vehicle Control System design and development programme with responsibility to develop the functional design for software implementation.
The AVC Functional Development Team has a vacancy for a Senior Systems Engineer within the Flight Systems discipline to develop requirements for software generation. The successful candidate will join design development team, working as part of the AVC Functional Development organisation.
The successful candidate will be expected to have proven ability across the Engineering Lifecycle with knowledge of Flight Systems and related domain knowledge desirable, especially knowledge of software development and modelling & simulation, using Mathworks toolsets (specifically MATLAB and Simulink). Additionally, the candidate should have an openness to learning new skills, concepts, and approaches to developing products using Model Based Design techniques and have excellent commination skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing elements of the functional design using the Matlab/Simulink toolset to model system requirements in a cohesive modelling environment that provides a representation of the system for customer and stakeholder assessment as well as a set of artefacts that can be delivered for software implementation
• Working closely with Functional and Product Owners to generate models for customer/stakeholder demonstration based on system level requirements and documentation
• Derive and test high level software models and textual requirements
• Ensure compliance against the relevant modelling standards
• Integrate the models into a single coherent functional model
• Maintain consistent communication across the AVC ‘One Team’ construct
• Contribute to drumbeat Sprint Planning, DSUM, Retrospective meetings
• Work with minimal supervision, be pro-active, diligent, and have strong team-working & communications skills and be committed to a delivery culture
• Problem solving skills and a Proactive approach to problem solving
• Knowledge of working in a collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to respond positively to unforeseen changes will be key to maintaining a positive and responsive working environment
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Proven ability using the Mathworks toolsets, including but not limited to MATLAB and Simulink.
• Knowledge of using Microsoft Visio.
• Knowledge of engineering processes & standards
• Knowledge of the Engineering Lifecycle and typical aircraft development lifecycle
• Knowledge of using source control (SVN and GIT) for managing Mathworks models
• Knowledge of integrating multiple models within a single environment.
• An appreciation and/or knowledge of modelling for software generation
• Submarine/naval knowledge or fluid system/Equipment control knowledge
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum). The successful candidate can start on a BPSS with SC pending.
- Sector: Aerospace and Defence, Aerospace Software and Systems
- Contact: Daniel Farrow
- Contact Email: Daniel.Farrow@morson.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 707 1516
- Duration: 12 Months
- Start Date: 15/08/2022
- Job Ref: 207864DFA
System Modelling Engineer