about 1 month ago
Systems Integration Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Our client currently has a vacancy for a Systems Integration Engineer with proven ability of Distributed Low Power electronics (<7.5kW), networks and data acquisition. This company specialise in the design, manufacture and supply of novel degaussing and corrosion protection systems.
Working closely with customers you will be expected to design, develop and architect solutions for high integrity control and sensor systems. Showing a high level of production, design and implementation skills, you will take full responsibility for the lifecycle of business critical hardware products in order to deliver high quality solutions to tight deadlines.
Specific responsibilities for the System Integration Engineer role will depend upon your skill set. Typically, you will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities covering all stages of the engineering lifecycle; from concept through to verification and validation of production systems. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop solutions that successfully meet with the overall objectives of the project.
You will be expected to have a broad knowledge of design and application; this may include:
- Ability to analyse requirements and identify hardware solutions to meet these requirements
- Understanding and design of network hardware
- Distributed system of power supplies from 250W to 3.5kW
- Carry out benefit analysis for bespoke vs CoTS solutions
- Definition of production and system tests to demonstrate verification of requirements
- Design for EMC
- Interfacing with software and mechanical disciplines to support meeting system requirements
Key Skills / Proven Ability
- Degree or higher in electrical engineering
- Excellent standards knowledge
- Rapid learner, flexible and adaptable engineer
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and across disciplines
- Attention to detail
- Able to travel on Company business
- Some knowledge of Def Stan requirements
- An understanding of processes and techniques applicable to design
- A proven track record of product design and verification in a relevant environment
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).