£40 - £45.00 per hour
3 months ago
Systems Integration Engineer (Supportability)
Duration: Until 6th April 2020
Rate: Up to £45 per hour LTD
Our client is the Whole Boat Support Integrator (WBSI), and is responsible for the development and transition of a Support Solution to support a next-gen military submarine in-service. As an Engineer on the Complex System Integration team you will play a major part in ensuring the supportability requirements for the programme are met.
Through collection, integration and analysis of large amounts of data relating to system reliability maintainability, and cost you will help the team understand the overall supportability of the Submarines.
Main Purpose of Role
As an Engineer on the Complex System Integration team you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and understanding component and sub-system supportability analysis with a view to integrating at Whole boat level.
- Identifying, understanding, and managing technical supportability risks
- Facilitating key stakeholders to see technical risks and issues through to resolution
- Compiling technical reports documenting Whole Boat analysis undertaken.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Competences
- A successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in written form, and able to articulate complex arguments for a wide range of stakeholders to understand.
- An awareness of systems engineering practices and systems thinking is an essential part of this role.
- Candidates will need to be able demonstrate the motivation to drive issues to completion.
- A background working on complex systems in a maritime environment, preferably Submarines, would be advantageous for this role.
- Proven ability running numerical model simulations and assessing the output of any analysis is desirable but not essential.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).