- Cutting-Edge: You will be part of a team developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging: This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative: The Client is embarking on UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of, and working closely with, our customer, to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead aspects of defining the total system integration approach and facilities.
- Liaise with sensor and communication technical specialist teams to define sub-system integration requirements.
- Support the development of a ground-based synthetic environment and system integration facility.
- Integrate complex sub-systems onto a large body flight test aircraft and support subsequent flight trials.
- Lead aspects of system integration and flight trial activities alongside customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive experience of systems integration, preferably relating to airborne EW sensor systems.
- Knowledge and experience of synthetic environments and their use to develop airborne sensor systems.
- Experience in systems development, delivery and trials, preferably relating to airborne EW sensor systems.
- Good understanding of RADAR, EO/IR, or ESCM domain concepts and application of technology and processes.
- Understanding of the engineering lifecycle for complex products and systems, with emphasis on latter stages.
- Experience of influencing requirements and design
- Experience of verification and validation activities to achieve certification and delivery.
- Implementing defined systems integration processes and reporting on key measures.Experience of working alongside internal stakeholders, external customers and industrial partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.