Up to £41.00 per hour
11 months ago
The Hardware Systems Engineer will report to the Lead Hardware Systems Engineer and Project Design Authority as applicable. Responsibilities will include estimation of development activities, design of technical solutions, implementation or subcontract of proposed solutions and the testing involved in verifying them. Also to help in diagnosing and solving customer reported issues.
You will support the design, qualification and implementation of our deliveries at the operational level. Ensuring the components comprising our systems meet their requirements but you also ensuring our delivered products operates and integrates correctly with the customers extant operational systems.
A Hardware Systems Engineer is also responsible for the helping ensure the overall Physical, Electrical and environmental compliance of the delivered System, ensuring it meets both the client's Systems Product Safety mandates and the statutory requirements of the customer's base of operation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing Hardware and Systems Engineering support to the business development activities, including study/experimentation activities, system de-risking activities, interfacing with suppliers and interaction with prospective customers at a technical level
- Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Accurately report on progress
- Complete work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
- Support System Integration activities
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PROVEN ABILITY:
A strong Hardware and Systems Engineering background
A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle and configuration management.
A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems)
A background in Communications (voice, data and radio products)
Ability of providing engineering input and support to business development activities would be an advantage.
Demonstrable knowledge or ability in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Electrical engineering disciplines e.g. BS7671 qualified
- CAD ability / familiarity desirable
- Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, Point-to-Point radio links, serial communication, 4G mobile technologies, network security, network management,
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC/T, Environmental etc. (awareness of associated DEF-STANS would be desirable)
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations would be desirable
- Good team working;
- Excellent innovation and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Keen to learn;
- Must be flexible and be prepared to work outside of normal office hours (if required) and occasional off site working.