Up to £44.50 per hour
about 2 months ago
Could you develop systems to operate from the Stratosphere?
Could you create systems that can allow a user to securely browse the internet from a secret network?
Want to work on the next generation of Military IT systems? Would you like to be part of a team, integrating leading edge technologies to provide our military services with an advantage?
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
We are looking for a number of systems engineers with a few years' experience (ideally graduates) to work in a team environment across the full engineering lifecycle.
Depending on your areas of strength and interest, your main activities as a Systems Engineer could include:
* Requirements management
* System design support
* COTS selection and procurement and supplier liaison
* Integration and Test (functional and environmental)
* Software design and development
* Hardware design, assembly and installation
As part of the engineering team you will work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities. You may also be asked to lead teams.
Your existing skills and qualifications as a Systems Engineer should ideally include a number of the following:
* COTS integration within a secure environment
* Radio Frequency Engineering/Physics
* Systems integration for UAVs
* Management/Control Systems
* Networks and Security
* DOORS Requirements Management Tool
* Configuration management
* Technical documentation
* Python and/or Java
* 3D CAD Design
* Modelling and simulation
* Enterprise Architecting and MOOD
What were looking for in you:
* A can do attitude
* You take responsibility for delivery and deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
* Self-organisation and good time management
* Enjoy working as part of a fast paced and dynamic team
* You are innovative and able to drive improvement
* You embrace learning and have the potential to take on increased responsibilities and progress within the organisation
* Occasional domestic travel may be required with the potential for international travel
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.