£44.00 - £50.00 per hour
3 months ago
I seek 4 seasoned Systems Engineers with Military Vehicle / Vetronics domain knowledge. I have roles in the design of vehicle mission systems which will encompass requirements skills (DOORs), analysis, design, integration, verification and system acceptance.
Essentially I have roles to deliver the Requirements Engineering System design and System acceptance.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating the technical specifications with acceptance criteria for subsystems.
- Decomposing requirements, ensuring that they have been partitioned and detailed to a level appropriate for the design to commence.
- Ensure, with the support of Specialty Engineering experts & Safety/HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) stakeholders: This includes product safety & security and Environmental/HSE requirements and standards.
- That candidate solutions meet regulatory requirements including all applicable standards and legislation.
- Ensure solution designs take into account the contractual requirements.
- Ensure that all related certification activities are performed correctly.
- Development of design elements to meet the required performance within the overall vehicle.
- Define the integration, verification, validation, qualification, certification and acceptance methods.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS) and or;
- Seasoned in System design and development of complex hardware and software systems and or;
- Seasoned in working with subcontracted design element s in creating an overall coherent system and or;
- Seasoned in creating verification and validation programs.
- Proven track record of working and delivering on solutions for a defence programmes.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of vehicle system architectures
- Knowledge of vehicle acceptance within the UK MOD
- Ability to use tools such as Matlab, Simulink & MathCad
- Possesses knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Rhapsody, Capela or Enterprise Architect
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 4 SYSTEMS ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)