SYSTEMS ENGINEERS x3 COMMS
To develop a situational awareness system design, subsystem requirements documents, interface control documents, technical product specifications and statements of work, which will be used by the MOD to contract third-party suppliers. To support the MOD with its third-party competitions and with its Assessment Phase activity up to and including Full Business Case submission.
As Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish & maintain hardware and software architecture
- Draft & document system / subsystem- technical product specifications
- Develop Statements of Work for suppliers including design specifications
- Assessment & documentation of electromagnetic integration at each design stage
- Assist with understanding emerging user needs and modify system design accordingly
- Monitor and control obsolescence
- Establish & maintain 'Test set' for integration baseline, testing and validation activity
- Assist with drafting of an Engineering Management Plan
- Assist with planning and scheduling of engineering activity
- Assist with production of system and sub system safety & environmental cases
- Assist with environmental testing and certification
- Assist with TEMPEST testing and certification
- Assist with Security accreditation
- Assist with Information assurance activity and certification
- Collaborative working, relationship management and knowledge sharing
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Radio Frequency (RF) communications.
- Providing sub-system design specifications which were issued to and understood by third-parties.
- Producing system design specifications.
- Designing systems that work together (interoperate) and achieve flexibility and commonality.
- Integrating third-party products / component sub-systems into a Communication and Information System.
- Conducting progressive assurance as part of an acceptance process.
- Implementing middleware / developed software to integrate with external interfaces.
- Developing software requirements and managing software and system baselines to a recognised software standard.
- Implementing applicable government and/or public sector security standards and policies.
- Designing in line with applicable government and/or public sector safety and environmental standards and/or policies.
- The Defence Acquisition environment supporting capability delivery.
- Communication and Information System collaborative working environment.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 3 SYSTEMS ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)