Up to £60.00 per hour
4 months ago
As a Systems Engineer, you will be working on a novel, multi-discipline, multi-subject matter, safety system project, providing you with an excellent opportunity to influence the design and operation of the UK's fleet of submarines, both in-service and future classes.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Authoring System Requirements Specifications and Subsystem Technical Specifications.
- Participation in trade studies defining key performance requirements.
- Providing support to Transverse (non-functional) requirement owners, e.g. Safety, Information Assurance, Availability, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability.
- Liaising with Platform Teams.
- Involvement in the Technical management of equipment suppliers.
- Providing support to Verification and Validation activities. WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Seasoned in systems engineering and the systems lifecycle including design work.
- Definition of System and Subsystem Requirements.
- DOORS requirements management.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) design practices.
- High availability design practices.
- Knowledge of submarine, or surface ship, or air command and control systems.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK SYSTEMS ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)