SYSTEMS ENGINEERS Contracts & Permanent roles
SYSTEMS ENGINEERS - CONTRACTS & PERMANENT ROLES
Contracts home based with visits to Telford in Shropshire or Washington in Tyne & Wear.
Permanent home based when Covid clears to be based Full Time at Telford in Shropshire or Washington in Tyne & Wear.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be working as part of integrated engineering teams to develop systematic solutions. You will become part of the team developing, integrating, and testing the UK's next Main Battle Tank - Challenger 3 (Challenger 2 life extension programme).
AT THE COAL FACE: TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis, derivation, decomposition and allocation of customer and stakeholder requirements to system, sub-system and component levels using formal methods and tools (DOORS).
- Development and management of System Architectures through behavioural and Logical Models (SysML) in accordance with requirements and the system design.
- Coordinating with the wider Engineering team and sub-system subject matter experts to drive a coherent, balanced, and compliant system design.
- Development of System and Sub-system design documentation including system and sub-system specifications, design descriptions, engineering plans and maturity assessments.
- Development of system test plans, performing system test and the production of test reports and customer acceptance evidence reports.
- Working with Customer, User, Engineering and Procurement teams to assist in resolving design queries, problems, and conflicts.
- Supporting the design review process in accordance with the planned development lifecycle and maturity plan.
- Actively engaging with the project team for the development and monitoring of vehicle design systemic properties and physical architecture concepts.
- Supporting trade studies to evaluate system and sub-system concepts and to establish design solutions.
- Technical maturity planning and management including Technology, System, and Interface Readiness Levels.
- Undertaking technical presentations, Generating and reviewing of technical reports and reporting on progress, Participating in technical debate and group problem solving, Briefing and working with Customers and Users, providing engineering input to project submissions including cost estimating, project plans, and progress reports.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Proven ability in Systems Engineering and the Systems Engineering Lifecycle.
- Systems Modelling skills and techniques MBSE, SysML, MATLAB, Simulink.
- Proven design and integration skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and be able to work in a team.
- Microsoft Office Suite user.
- Ideally understand Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV).