29 days ago
Systems Engineering Technical Sub-Contract Lead
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £40.51/hr UMB
Reporting into the Systems Engineering Function; you will be embedded within a series of Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) to assist with the definition of substantial work packages being placed into the supply chain.
What You'll Do
- Embedded within IPT you will have responsibility for the identification and technical definition of substantial work packages being placed into the supply chain.
- You will produce the statement of work (SOW) documentation required to support the successful placement of work packages to external organisations.
- The SOW documentation produced will ensure full technical coverage through unambiguous requirements management; with identification of clear acceptance criteria.
- Working alongside procurement specialists, the candidate will ensure that the proposed delivery milestones align the technical maturity of the outsourced work package with the wider IPT delivery schedule and appropriate payment milestones.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Significant proven ability of leading outsource activities in an engineering organisation, preferably in the defence or aerospace sector.
- A strong understanding of systems engineering principles, especially the ability to define and influence requirements definition and design decisions, both within the internal project team and customer environments.
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with confident presentation ability.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or related scientific discipline.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).