£44.00 - £50.00 per hour
9 months ago
ROLE: Systems Engineering Lead / Manager to work on a tactical communications project. The role will involve working on a challenging programme to bring new technology to a major UK customer base. It will include the build, test and trials phases of the programme.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Seasoned Systems Engineering lead / manager to manage the engineering tasks, costs and schedules.
- Providing systems engineering support for areas of the solution; manage a number of engineers to complete the system design aspect of the solution and to maintain the design baseline through to customer platform acceptance.
- Providing technical support to the IVVQ team during the system integration and acceptance phase of the programme.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Maintain the design and production baselines through to platform acceptance, including specifications, ICDs, cable data sheets, BOMs and certification documentation liaising with production, the DO and safety engineers as required
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance and cost - subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality and cost.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Seasoned in deriving and preparing system and sub-system specifications from customer requirements and to ensure that the requirements meet the needs of the customer.
- Ability to work as part of a team to generate a coherent set of specifications, interface documentation and estimates liaising with other functions and departments as required.
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering lifecycle activities.
- Seasoned in working with customers, presenting technical solutions or chairing design reviews as required.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SYSTEMS ENGINEERING MANAGER WHO HAS WORKED WITHIN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)