£50.00 - £56.00 per hour + Ltd
3 months ago
Systems Engineering Manager
Templecombe - 6 month contract - Pay rate £50 to £56 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Solution / System Engineering Manager to work for our defence client, managing the engineering delivery of a number of projects and products to a single large customer. These will be broadly SONAR related and will entail software, system and hardware components.
To provide the principle engineering delivery leadership, direction, decision authority and support to the programme or bid.
To direct and manage the Engineering team on project or bid to achieve company objectives in terms of programme schedule, financial and quality targets.
To ensure that the Engineering Processes are applied correctly and appropriately on the project to company, legislative, regulatory and international standards.
This role will include significant Management responsibility for engineering strategy and direction and may have direct line management responsibilities for staff on Project.
More detailed description available on request.
- Extensive multidisciplinary Engineering expertise, with specific knowledge of the domain, infrastructure, Systems Integration practices and the disciplines utilised on the project, ideally within the defence industry.
- Ability to develop innovative and low risk practical engineering strategies to manage a complex project through its lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge and proven application of Engineering Project Delivery and processes across the full project lifecycle.
- Team leadership - with a proven ability to build and sustain good working relationships with staff, peers and managers, customers and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills supporting logical, effective and timely decision making.
- Strong appreciation of Safety and Safety Assurance within the Engineering discipline and Domain.
- Familiarity with Project management and delivery processes and practices, commercial acumen and a robust approach to budget and schedule control.
- Effective personal organisation and an ability to remain composed focused with attention to detail under pressure.
- Can manage a complex project through a defined design process and is able to tailor CHORUS2 to project needs.
- The Solution Engineering Manager is the focal point for the Engineering process on large complex projects and must be able to oversee the resolution of all issues, problems, questions and conflicts across the entire system. This requires frequent handling of new and unusual issues therefore a proven record of working across multiple disciplines and in an Engineering Management capacity on projects is required.
- The post holder should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written word. A professional competent outward appearance, self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure are vital.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level).