£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
6 months ago
ROLE OVERVIEW: I am looking for a Systems Hardware Integration Engineer to oversee the development of a cutting edge Aerospace Sensor product from prototype / demonstrator into a manufacturable product - in essence productionising the product. This will include managing the hardware baseline being developed and the organisation and integration of equipment to airborne platforms and supporting trials.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of product hardware
- Work package management and organisation of upcoming airborne flight trials
- Preparation of test data in support of trials
- Prepare and execution of system integration verification validation activities,
- Setting priorities and reporting of risks
- Analyse results and produce technical reports
- Working in a multi-discipline team and a trials environment.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- An understanding of the fundamentals of systems engineering and integrated test evaluation and acceptance.
- Good written and oral communication skills to allow effective communication with peers, and both technical and non-technical customers. Customer interfacing will play a part.
- Integration, verification, validation and qualification for military environments.
- Ability to analyse IR imagery for use in IR warning systems.
- Experience in the use of synthetic data for system test campaigns.
- DOORS and / or MATLAB.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER / MANAGER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)