£42.00 - £46.75 per hour
4 months ago
Opportunities have arisen for experienced systems engineers to deliver the role of Requirements Engineer, System design and System acceptance.
We seek talented Systems Engineers with proven ability in of conceptual and detailed design, Integration and delivery, ideally coupled with a proven capability of delivering a vehicle mission system.
These roles can be based in Glasgow, Bristol or Reading.
The candidate will have demonstrable experience interfacing with internal and external customers, understanding system requirements, working with mechanical design engineers to specify and accept sub system designs as well as creating verification and validation programs in the defence domain.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating the technical specifications with acceptance criteria for subsystems.
- Decomposing requirements, ensuring that they have been partitioned and detailed to a level appropriate for the design to commence.
- Ensure, with the support of Specialty Engineering experts & Safety/HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) stakeholders: This includes product safety & security and Environmental/HSE requirements and standards.
- That candidate solutions meet regulatory requirements including all applicable standards and legislation.
- Ensure solution designs take into account the contractual requirements.
- Ensure that all related certification activities are performed correctly.
- Development of design elements to meet the required performance within the overall vehicle.
- Define the integration, verification, validation, qualification, certification and acceptance methods.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS) and or;
- Seasoned in System design and development of complex hardware and software systems and or;
- Seasoned in working with subcontracted design element s in creating an overall coherent system and or;
- Seasoned in creating verification and validation programs.
- Proven track record of working and delivering on solutions for a defence programmes.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of vehicle system architectures
- Knowledge of vehicle acceptance within the UK MOD
- Ability to use tools such as Matlab, Simulink & MathCad
- Ability to use, for the purpose of collaborative work with hardware engineers, CAD packages such as Creo, Catia or Solid works
- Possesses knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Experienced in the use of Rhapsody, Capela or Enterprise Architect.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 8 SYSTEMS ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)