Location: Winfrith (near Dorchester)
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Hourly rates on offer (outside IR35)
Our client has a unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems. They seek a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for managing and conducting systems engineering activities throughout the complete product lifecycle.
- Responsible for delivering key system engineering processes across the product lifecycle.
- Working closely with the project teams including the System Design Authority, Engineering Manager and Team Engineers.
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of systems engineering principles and their application to multi-disciplinary engineering projects.
- Proven ability with decomposition of requirements.
- Sound understanding of requirements management.
- Proven ability with system architectural design and development using Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques.
- Familiarity with Defence Standards (particularly DEF-STAN and MIL-STD).
- Ability to solve complex problems and to critically review results and methods to ensure quality.
- Ability to expand knowledge into new domain areas, and work across domains and see the bigger picture.
- Preferably have an understanding of military systems, in particular maritime systems.
- Ideally knowledgeable in one or more of the following domain areas:
- Maritime Combat Systems, integration of equipment and software.
- Unmanned Systems.
- Combat Management Systems.
- Acoustics / Sonar Processing.
- Proven ability in preparation of documentation for bids.
- Primary software/system skills:
- IBM DOORS requirements management (9.x / NG).
- Enterprise Architect (EA).
- UML / SysML.
- Desirable software/system skills:
- IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) / IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization – Publishing (ELO-P).
- IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) / IBM Engineering Test Manager (ETM).
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).