Cowes, Isle of Wight
Up to £49.46 per hour
24 days ago
Systems Engineer (x4)
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £49.46 per hour LTD
The purpose of the role is to undertake design and design maintenance tasks for all systems aspects of new and legacy products for the Radar group within Product and Training Services (P&TS).
- Design aspects of radar systems, to include overall radar performance prediction, design of pulse patterns, selection of various signal processing techniques, modelling and design of MTI/MTD filter banks, estimate of radar loss budget.
- Model and run simulations of radar performance in a variety of clutter and environmental conditions to provide coverage diagrams, Pd/Range and plot and track accuracy data.
- Be able to trade off principal radar parameters in order to understand design constraints and limitations.
- Understand and decompose User Requirements to sub-system levels of requirements.
- Articulate acceptance strategies in order to sell off requirements at all Systems levels.
- Assess system performance against requirements.
- Direct the development of high level algorithmic activity.
- Specify and manage interfaces with external systems and subsystems.
- Liaise with a number of internal and external organisations where required.
- Design, develop and demonstrate system integrations.
Proven ability / Key skills
- Algorithm development knowledge
- Proven Radar knowledge
- Strong ability with software engineering
- Knowledge of advanced radar signal processing techniques and BMD, NCTR and classification techniques
- Knowledge of the hardware and/or systems design of active phased array radars
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).