Systems Engineer - Work package production
Aerospace and Defence
20 days ago
Systems Engineer - Work package production
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £43.58 per hour PAYE, £51.34 per hour Umbrella
The successful candidate will provide the principle supply chain engineering leadership across the maritime domain, ensuring technical delivery through the Maritime Eco System. As a key member of the Ecosystem Transformation Team the role is to establish and deliver best practise for outsourcing and transferring risk into the supply chain. This role requires the successful candidate to provide engineering supply chain direction, decision authority and support to a wide range of projects within the Maritime domain.
This role includes significant Management responsibility for driving Engineering Supply Chain strategy, decisions and delivery across complex multi-disciplinary teams working on a diverse range of Maritime Projects.
The successful candidate will capture full technical and commercial requirements to enable successful collaborative working. They will also provide knowledge and experience as a strategic advisor to support and enable the engineering team to adopt to the new ways of working, whilst connecting into other engineering transformation work.
The role provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop your engineering experience within the supply chain, whilst using your engineering skills working on a variety of products within an interesting product line.
This role is likely to involve travel to suppliers in the UK and potentially overseas.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Undertake supply chain risk analysis and determine how best to outsource and transfer risk into the supply chain by contracting for outcomes rather than inputs
- Carry out internal and external capability analysis
- Create best practise requirements, articulate the procedure and process, embedding it into engineering as the new way of working
- Act as a strategic advisor to drive the engineering approach through a strategic mind-set
- Identify and maintain link with other engineering transformation programmes
- Capture design, manufacture and all wider business requirements for the identified work packages
- Work closely with engineering to define requirements at the suitable level and in suitable time
- Work with Strategic Procurement Lead to brief suppliers and partners
- Defining and delivering the strategy, plan and implementation of the overall maritime Engineering Supply Chain
- Directing and providing overall technical and engineering leadership to the Projects assigned to deliver the Engineering solution to time, cost and quality
- Managing engineering baseline management
- Effective Monitoring of all the Engineering Suppliers and resolution or process improvement undertaken where issues are identified both internally and externally
- Ensuring the Suppliers understand and deliver
- Each Supplier has a clear and timely process for resolution of Engineering queries and issues including Escalation
- Each Supplier has Engineering Metrics ensuring On-time Delivery
- Timely and accurate production of the Requirements for the System and Subsystems they are delivering and ensuring that sell-off & IVVQ of the requirements is planned, documented and achieved in a progressive and low risk manner
- Ensuring that the Suppliers Design and other Technical Certification is co-ordinated, complete and coherent with the delivered and installed base and can be provided to the MMS projects as committed
- Leading the interfacing with the Engineering teams of the client and other external Engineering parties to ensure that the integration and migration of the overall Engineering solution within its infrastructure and associated projects is achieved
- Ensuring that approval through own and appropriately delegated authority for all Engineering documentationanddeliverables including specifications, designs, reports, analysis, code and equipment can be achieved and that all designs developed by the project have been:
- Produced by competent designers and subject to competent design check and approval
- Are free from errors and design defects and flaws
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Extensive multidisciplinary Engineering expertise, with specific knowledge of the domain, infrastructure, Systems Integration practices and the disciplines utilised on the project
- Ability to develop innovative and low risk practical engineering strategies to manage a complex project through its lifecycle
- Strong knowledge and proven application of Engineering Project Delivery and processes across the full project lifecycle
- Strong appreciation of Safety and Safety Assurance within the Engineering discipline and Domain
- Can manage a complex project through a defined design process
- Understanding of Export Compliance (ITAR and worldwide)
- Capturing design, build and other business requirements through a systems engineering approach
- Decompose requirements, spec and specify how to verify designs
- Creation of requirements for system, subsystem and component level
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).