20 days ago
This is an opportunity for a systems engineer to support developing advanced seeker technologies for the next generation weapon system currently being designed to engage both maritime and land threats.
This is a role where good communication is vital for ensuring that the proposed seeker design options are correctly understood by the stakeholders. The role includes liaising with the expert technical advisors and ensuring that the seeker concepts are clearly defined and communicated.
Development and agreement of subsystem technical requirements for seekers, which exploit a range of sensor technologies comprising infrared / electro-optic (EO) sensor, and Passive radar sensor concepts and the integration of sensors within a missile seeker with infrared and radar.
* Development and agreement of subsystem technical requirements for a multi sensor seeker (including passive RF and EO).
* Opportunity to work with world-class technical experts in the field of multi sensor missile seeker technology.
* Delivery of a coherent design comprising of a range of complex integrated subsystems.
* System design trades which address the impact of other missile subsystems on Seeker performance.
* Down-selection of technical options and conduct of supporting technical studies. Consideration of technical and business benefits of options elicited from various teams and disciplines.
* Management of seeker sensor systems requirements and trade-offs within the DOORS environment, in line with the higher level customer requirements.
* The project provides key seeker capability into a weapon system programme that has tough deadlines to meet.
* Seeker Systems Engineers provide the main technical focus for Seeker sub-system development and the interface with internal and external customers and suppliers.
* The design team have a proven track record in understanding and designing Seeker sub-systems to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
* Experience of RF technologies.
* Proficient technical abilities and interests.
* Able to bridge gaps across functional boundaries. Able to develop warm relationships across the wider teams.
* Awareness of requirements management principles.
* Awareness of sensors technologies and willingness to develop proficiency in both the RF/EO technical domain
* Guidance, control and/or navigation background.
* Seeker background.
* Sensors background (electro-optic and/or radar).
* Experience of systems engineering tools such as DOORS, RTC, MATLAB, Rhapsody, SysML.
* Experience conducting technically challenging studies individually or part of a team.
* Experience of working with multiple stakeholders to coordinate a design.
* Awareness of terminal phase engagement chain issues.
* Experience of RF/EO data fusion techniques