£350.00 - £400.00 per day + Ltd
10 months ago
Systems Engineer Verification & Validation
Reading - 12 month contract - Pay rate circa £400 per day Ltd
We are looking to recruit 2 Systems V&V Engineers to work for our client on a high profile Air Traffic Management upgrade for the UK MOD. Candidates should have experience of undertaking verification and validation activity at the system level for complex safety critical equipment. At different phases in the project the successful candidates will be required to travel to client sites to undertake test activity as part of this role.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
- Responsible for systems Verification and Validation Engineering activities to ensure conformance to the requirements and whether the system satisfies its intended use and user / customer needs.
- Responsible for the successful creation and development of test documentation (e.g. Test Plans, Specifications, Scripts, Reports) associated to various test phases (including OIT, SAT, EV) during the product design and test lifecycle.
- Support the acceptance and review of supplier test documentation (including witnessing supplier test activities) to ensure the delivered systems satisfies all requirements whilst maintaining project milestones.
- Support the Verification and Validation of specific projects being delivered as part of the Asset Provision Contract whilst ensuring that the V&V activities are completed to project milestones.
- Perform V&V testing at various test phases (including supplier FAT, supplier SAT, OIT, SAT, EV) during the product test lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of test documentation, including Test Plans, Test Specifications, Test Reports and other associated test documentation for the integration of new or upgraded systems into the MoD infrastructure whilst ensuring they meet the relevant functional and safety requirements.
- Manage the acceptance of supplier test documentation. Review supplier test documentation (including witnessing supplier test activities) to ensure the delivered systems satisfies all requirements whilst maintaining project milestones.
- Conduct and report on testing at required test phases (e.g. SSAT, OIT, SAT, EV, etc.) for one or more Technical Services
- Provide input to the VCRM generation, agreeing requirements are verifiable, complete and have traceability. Support the maintenance of the VCRM in conjunction with the Requirements Team.
- Monitor and continuously assess current test practices and procedures and implement improvements and cost optimisation activities in consultation with the ITEA Manager.
- Lead test review activities (TRR, TRM, etc.) and contribute to the project phase and engineering reviews.
- Reporting the status of V&V activities and the occurrence of any major events that may impact project objectives. Contribute to WP Reports and Metrics.
- Proven ability of testing ATM systems or other safety related systems
- System Requirements Management
- Test assurance with real time safety critical systems
- Knowledge of integration testing and multi-systems testing
- Ability to work on a diverse range of projects often to tight time scales.
- Highly motivated with strong analytical and communication skills (oral & written), coupled with the ability to rapidly assimilate knowledge
- Knowledge of Observation/Problem reporting and management
- Good understanding of the production of test documentation to a high standard within agreed project timescales.
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience of working on MoD programmes
- Security Testing
- Test Management within real time safety critical systems.
- Good interpersonal communication and management skills.
- IBM Rational DOORS experience
- Risk based testing
- Basic Project Management
- Ability to work unsupervised, managing the implementation of the test programme for the project.
- Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved, all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. Candidates will be able to start on a baseline security clearance with the SC application pending, so having a live SC is not required.
- The role will involve liaising with both suppliers and MoD Customers and may require travel within the UK and overseas.