Up to £45.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
A contract vacancy for a Systems Engineer has arisen with our client in Farnborough.
The successful applicant will join an Unmanned air systems (UAS) Engineering Team. Contributing to the ongoing performance improvements of a world record breaking UAS Platform, and exploiting its capability to deliver customer solutions.
This position is focused on the development of subsystems to maximise the potential of persistent flight operations in the stratosphere.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make decisions with a balanced view of all stakeholder requirements, ensuring projects are run efficiently and profitably while delivering robust technical solutions on time to meet demanding schedules.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in delivering the subsystem solutions;
- Manage technical risk within projects through early involvement in project design reviews, early commencement of mitigation activities, managing requirements creep and clear definition of the technical scope of projects from their outset;
- Define appropriate implementation and proportionate application of the project product assurance plan to the project.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel for a period of around 8-10 weeks to support flight test deployment.
KEY SILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies relevant to Unmanned air systems (UAS);
- Ability to define a balanced architectural solution with intimate understanding of the necessary implementation of sub-systems within the proposed design;
- Able to rapidly perform system level trade-offs and access sub-system options in terms of system performance, capability, reliability and implementation within the project schedule and to the necessary quality level;
- Able to effectively perform system and sub-system technical reviews and chair meetings;
- Ability to communicate and explain requirements to sub-system managers and to define and explain acceptance test criteria;
- Ability to review acceptance test data and results in the context of assessing compliance with requirements, airworthiness criteria or more succinctly, fundamental assessment of whether a system or sub-system is fit for purpose;
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials, structural loading calculations in the context of aerodynamic forces and aero-elastic behaviour over a large flight envelope, structural component test methods, qualification and acceptance test criteria;
- Knowledge of electronic system design, software delivery process and acceptance test and qualification criteria;
- Knowledge of the design, delivery and implementation of power generation system, power storage system, propulsion systems, Ground Station systems and their integration with other systems;
- Understanding of the environment - stratospheric, tropospheric, ground and seasonal variations and variations due to locations.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.