SYSTEMS ENGINEER TACTICAL DATALINKS
Aerospace Software and Systems
£45.00 - £55.00 per annum
18 days ago
I seek a Systems Engineer / Architect who is seasoned in Tactical Data Link systems who can engage with defence customers to understand their current and future Air C4I needs. The role will then revolve around the definition and design of innovative TDL technical solutions.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the solution through the capture and bid process.
- Work with the Product Line Manager and Product Line Architect to define product and technical strategy.
- Generation of Enterprise Architectures & Models in the context of operational environments.
- Ensure detailed and accurate budgetary estimates are generated for solution architectures.
- Act as the TDL lead and reviewer at major programme reviews.
- Travel within the UK and overseas may be required TBC.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- A significant background and history with Datalinks.
- Detailed understanding of the complete Engineering lifecycle.
- DOORS for requirements capture & management.
- Practical application of Scenario based modelling for Software-intensive Systems development (e.g. using Rhapsody/UML)
- Ability to understand design and acceptance issues relating to software intensive systems.
- Appreciation of Enterprise Architecting (e.g. using MoDAF / DoDAF).
- Articulate and confident, seasoned in dealing with Customers, Partners and/or Suppliers in the development of systems.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK TDL SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)