BARROW OR FILTON
£47.96 PAYE (inclusive of holiday) / £53.81 per hour umbrella
The successful candidates will develop and enact the systems engineering activities in the concept phase of a major Systems of Systems programme. They will also:
- Undertake Requirements Management, V&V, Process Development and Configuration Management.
- Undertake Systems Modelling in collaboration with engineers of other disciplines.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to mature systems and system supporting documentation.
- Support the development of Engineering Management Plans and the supporting governance and assurance framework.
- Maintain high quality documentation in support of the tasks being undertaken both for delivery as part of the programme and supporting business review, programme progress tracking etc.
- Development of systems engineering approach and execution of systems engineering activities with limited supervision.
- Supporting and addressing integration, qualification and certification of complex systems.
- Define, implement and govern interface management for complex systems.
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders on specific technical matters.
- Working as part of a technical team in support of project objectives.
- Supporting requirements elicitation, development and compliance management.
- Development and enactment of key systems engineering focused management plans.
- Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out.
- Plans and structures own work under direction of project leadership.
- Delivery and progress reporting to senior technical and project staff.
- Escalates significant problems and issues encountered with senior staff.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Proven ability in Systems Engineering in particular for complex systems of systems.
- Knowledge of systems integration at cross platform level.
- Requirements derivation, verification and validation proven ability.
- Configuration management understanding.
- Awareness of architecture description frameworks (e.g. MODAF).
- Ability to interact and influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proven ability in developing the strategy for and enacting the qualification of complex systems of systems.
- Knowledge of the application and adaption of systems engineering lifecycles to major engineering programmes.
- Awareness of relevant systems engineering standards such as ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288.
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering tools, techniques and notations highly desirable
- Ability to use modelling toolsets such as Sparx Enterprise Architect highly desirable
- Previous knowledge of using the DOORs toolset highly desirable