An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer who can apply their experience and skills within a multidiscipline team, overseeing the design and development of innovative technical solutions that meet our customer requirements and business needs.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
The role covers all aspects of the requirements setting, system definition and overseeing solution delivery across the product life cycle, from requirements capture and analysis through system specification, concept studies, modelling and simulation, design and development, system integration, validation and qualification.
The role provides technical oversight to all stages of the product life cycle, working with the Sales team, Project Manager, Engineering and Support teams. The System Design Authority is responsible for interpreting customer requirements, specifying the system solution, planning development and testing, leading engineering life cycle reviews and ensuring successful customer acceptance and handover. They are responsible for the System Engineering outputs including:
- Assessing Customer requirements against product specifications
- System specifications
- System architecture definition
- Internal and external interface definition
- Test and Acceptance strategy
- Defining engineering work packages and sub-contractor specifications
- Supporting the Project/Bid Manager in identifying and managing technical risk
- Selling-off contract requirements by leading Factory, Harbour and Sea Acceptance Test activities
- Responsible to the Head of System Design for quality of technical and engineering output, following the company's System Engineering processes and technical reviews
- Responsible to the customer for delivering a system that is fit for purpose
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities Required
- Candidates should have previous experience in a technical role, with either a desire to develop / previous experience in delivering equipment or products into service
- Demonstrable and proven competence in Systems Engineering and the systems engineering life cycle
- Domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Sonar and Underwater Acoustics, Maritime Security Systems, Marine technology, Mine warfare, Anti-submarine Warfare, Command and Control Systems (including network architectures and software)
- Good organisational and leadership skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
- Innovative and prepared to challenge conventional thinking
- Tenacity and determination; with desire to deliver outputs and results
- Team player and leader
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable dealing with Senior Management
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain full SC security clearance.