Up to £45.43 per hour
about 1 month ago
We are looking for an engineer with experience of creating and developing system architectures and requirements, to apply their knowledge to the development of a world-leading multispectral integrated sensing suite for a next-generation combat aircraft.
A strong technical ability in multispectral sensors and / or technologies will be required to allow consideration of capability, performance, and successful interoperability at a system level. The role inherently requires a strong aptitude for problem solving and an ability to understand complex interdependencies, encompassing various degrees of uncertainty and managing requirements and design inputs from multiple stakeholder groups.
The candidate will join a Systems Engineering team, and a wider Integrated Project Team, which encompasses subject-matter experts across a wide-variety of domains and subjects; support and guidance will be available to support the role. Technical design decisions are underwritten the project Chief Engineer, although the candidate will be expected to develop novel ideas and approaches, as well as candidate solutions with sound rationale.
- Development of architectures and control mechanisms for sensor management and sensor data exploitation.
- Perform analysis and modelling to demonstrate the effectiveness of architectures and control mechanisms.
- Liaise with sensors and communications technical specialist teams to:
o Define requirements and architectures for the integrated sensing suite.
o Design control mechanisms for elements of the integrated sensing suite.
o Develop and challenge system modelling and analysis approaches.
- Produce system-level requirements, architectures and interface definitions, utilising SysML (Systems Modelling Language).
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
- Significant experience working with high-performance RF / EO / IR sensor systems.
- Familiar with use of SysML modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody, MagicDraw).
- Strong proficiency in architecture and requirements generation and management.
- Good understanding of acceptance criteria relating to requirements and architecture sign-off at varying stages of maturity.
- Experienced in interface definition activities for complex systems.
- Ability to lead work packages, assuming ownership and responsibility for deliverables in accordance with project plans and guidelines.
- Experience in developing team members, with regards to systems architecture / engineering skills and techniques.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or related scientific discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing methods for detection, measurement, identification, and countermeasure.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Radar, EO/IR and/or EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and operational (mission) use.
- Proficiency in engineering / mathematical modelling using MATLAB and Simulink
- Engineering Chartership (or a member of a professional engineering organisation).
- Experience in hardware / firmware / software development for product delivery.
NOTE: You must be eligible to obtain a full UK SC security clearance for this role.