Up to £420 per day + Ltd negotiable
6 months ago
Reading - 12 Months Contract - Pay rate up to £420 per day Ltd
We are looking to recruit 2 Systems Engineers to work on a radar system within a large scale military air traffic control project. You will be based in Reading and should have a background of working across the systems engineering lifecycle. One of the roles will be focussed towards the design of installation process for 30 radars across various sites in UK and overseas. The second will involve significant customer involvement to arrange the transfer from the installation design phase to the site installation phase with the main subcontractor.
This covers surveillance sub-systems (including Primary and Secondary Surveillance Radars and Radar Display Processors) and integrating them into the overall Technical solution. The role will involve liaising with both suppliers and MoD Customers and may require limited travel.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide technical support on the design of over 20 PSR and SSR radar systems
- Help ensure a smooth transition of old radars to new radars
- Understand the technical specifications for appropriate Surveillance sub-system procurements and actively review and manage the technical solutions
- Propose modification of technical supply if required to meet commitments
- Monitor Surveillance sub-contractors, ensuring flow through of customer technical requirements.
- Prepare and ensure transition phases between legacy / existing systems and Marshall new assets integration, identifying phases and relating de-risking activities
- Participate in the Surveillance sub-system supplier's technical reviews as required
- Liaise with relevant technical stakeholders; ensuring strong communications and understanding is established and maintained with all stakeholders
- Support Surveillance MAPS and Supplier IVV activities as required
- Ensure that solution meets all appropriate Environmental, HSE and certification requirements (with specialist support)
- Support the integration, validation, verification of Surveillance sub-systems implementation
- Systems Engineering background working across the lifecycle on complex defence technology projects.
- Understanding of technical working with multiple stakeholders
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focused approach whilst recognising the need for governance
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise whilst retaining the technical integrity of the solution
- Strong technical understanding of the customer requirements, the offer and the system solution
- Acceptance protocols and procedures
- System Requirements Management
- Proven ability of integration testing and multi-systems testing
- Proven ability of engineering lifecycles and other established engineering practices.
- Good understanding of the principles of systems integration and demonstrated skill in judging the appropriate level of testing.
- Good understanding of the production of design and delivery documentation to a high standard within agreed project timescales.
- Knowledge of a range of radar surveillance solutions (covering systems engineering [performance architecture and implementation], sensors, display, monitoring, networking and communications aspects including centralised operation)
- Knowledge of the use of UK and international ATC standards for military and civil applications
- Project management skills
- Testing ATM systems or safety related systems
- Radar flight test profiles
- Good interpersonal communication and management skills.
- IBM Rational DOORS proven ability
- Risk Based Assurance
- Knowledge of Network Engineering
- Understanding of Primary Radars - especially STAR and Watchman radars
- Mode S
- Knowledge of the performance of ATM Surveillance sub-systems and ATM integrated systems
- Proven ability of working on MoD programmes
- Security Testing
- Ability with Systems Management within real time safety critical systems.
- Good background knowledge of one or more the following threads, e.g. Radar Data Processing, Flight Data Processing, Air Navigation systems, Electronic Surveillance, and Voice Communications.
- Ability to work unsupervised, managing the implementation of the test programme for the project.