Up to £60.00 per hour
10 days ago
Our client, BAE Systems, are seeking a number of Systems Engineers to work on their Maritime Submarines programmes in Frimley Surrey.
Working on one of a variety of programmes and projects, helping to design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in service and future submarines. Working with other technical specialists and may manage a team of other engineers to understand and influence the inputs, flow of decisions and dependencies that will impact system design and product delivery.
The Systems Engineers will be able to understand and report the programme status for engineering activities in their area of responsibility, be able to identify problem areas and implement recovery plans, helping support the submarines that play a critical role in our nation's defence.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Motivated and able to take responsibility for own outputs and be confident working autonomously and in a structured manner.
- Capable of supervising others
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Proven ability of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
- Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
BAE Systems welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help provide the best products into submarines.
BAE Systems are also keen to work with people from other industries, technical fields and working environments who can bring in innovative and fresh thinking and work to participate and contribute to the important work that BAE Systems do.