Up to £60.00 per hour
6 months ago
Our client, BAE Systems are seeking Systems Engineers to work on their Maritime Submarines programmes in Frimley, Surrey.
Working on one of a variety of our programmes and projects, helping to design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in service and future submarines. Working with other technical specialists and may manage a team of other engineers to understand and influence the inputs, flow of decisions and dependencies that will impact system design and product delivery.
The Systems Engineer will be able to understand and report the programme status for engineering activities in their area of responsibility, be able to identify problem areas and implement recovery plans, helping support the submarines that play a critical role in our nation's defence.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Motivated and able to take responsibility for own outputs and be confident working autonomously and in a structured manner.
- Capable of supervising others
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Proven ability of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
- Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
We seek Systems Engineers who have worked in a military / defence environment / industry within the last 12 months or who are capable of obtaining security clearance (SC level minimum)