£40.50 - £40.51 per hour + Ltd company, negotiable
about 1 month ago
Systems Engineer - Sensor Programming Toolsets (Agile)
Luton - 6 month duration - Pay rate £40.51 p/h Ltd Negotiable
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with knowledge of Electronic Warfare or Military Sensor systems to work with our client, a market leading aerospace & defence firm based in Luton. This role will see the successful candidate join the Systems Engineering team within the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) business area, and take a leading role in the development of our clients Electronic Warfare Operational Support (EWOS) products.
Our clients EWOS products allow customers to programme EW sensor and countermeasure systems with mission-specific data, as well as providing comprehensive offline data analysis capabilities. Collectively the product suite allows EW systems to identify and counter threats to the host aircraft, as well as providing an understanding of detected threat systems to further improve future mission effectiveness.
A role within the IMS Systems Engineering team will provide unique exposure to not only the EWOS products, but also a wide-variety of EW products and subject-matter experts, as well as the ability to interact directly with end-users to understand their operational needs and directly apply this knowledge to future product capability enhancements.
- Work alongside customers, end-users and key internal stakeholders to understand, interpret, and (where appropriate) influence, current and future user needs and requirements.
- Influence customer satisfaction by applying your knowledge of EWOS products and EW sensor and countermeasure systems to develop effective (performance and cost) EWOS solutions for the end-user.
- Define the system and sub-system requirements and make design recommendations.
- Work alongside multiple stakeholder groups in an Agile methodology, to iteratively develop and deliver products to meet our customer's needs.
- Assess system design compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters
- Lead verification and validation activities to fully test performance, usability, and effectiveness of the EWOS products.
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations for to customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK abroad to meet with our customers and industry partners.
- Proven ability in Agile systems / software development for product delivery to external customers.
- High proficiency in multi-stakeholder requirements elicitation, negotiation, definition, traceability, and evidence-based compliance using DOORS.
- In-depth knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion in support of team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniority.
- Knowledge / experience of the data / tools / processes employed by EWOS end-users (e.g. JEWOSC, RAF Waddington)
- Background of working alongside end-users to provide SME support.
- Able to develop desktop PC applications / toolsets for programming avionic equipment.
- Engineering team leadership and/or mentoring of peers and junior personnel.
- Work package management at all stages of project delivery - cost and schedule planning, execution, and reporting.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the information involved all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. The client will support the application for an SC clearance if you are not currently cleared. This role will require access to caveated information, so applicants must be a Sole or Dual British national.