Systems Engineer - System Design Authority (SDA) - Surface Ships
Are you looking to join a successful and growing company? Morson Talent are working in partnership with ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK in recruiting a Systems Engineer - System Design Authority (SDA) within the Surface Ships division, this an important role focusing on delivery and future business growth.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
An opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer who can apply their experience and skills within a multidiscipline team, overseeing the design and development of innovative technical solutions that meet our customer requirements and business needs. The role covers all aspects of the product lifecycle; from requirements capture and analysis through system specification, concept studies, modelling and simulation, design and development, system integration, validation and qualification.
The role provides technical oversight to all stages of the product lifecycle, working with the Sales team, Project Manager, Engineering and Support teams. The System Design Authority is responsible for interpreting customer requirements, specifying the system solution, planning development and testing, leading engineering lifecycle reviews and ensuring successful customer acceptance and handover. They are responsible for the System Engineering outputs including:
- Assessing Customer requirements against product specifications
- System specifications
- System architecture definition
- Internal and external interface definition
- Test and Acceptance strategy
- Defining engineering work packages and sub-contractor specifications
- Supporting the Project/Bid Manager in identifying and managing technical risk
- Selling-off contract requirements by leading Factory, Harbour and Sea Acceptance Test activities
Responsibilities and Competencies
The SDA role has the following responsibilities:
- Responsible to the Head of System Design for quality of technical and engineering output, following the company’s System Engineering processes and technical reviews
- Responsible to the customer for delivering a system that is fit for purpose
- Represents ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK products and systems on behalf of the business to the customer, external partners, stakeholders and suppliers
The role requires the following competencies:
Candidates should have previous experience in a technical/engineering role, with either a desire to develop / previous experience in delivering equipment or products into service
- Systems thinker
- Attention to detail
- Tenacity and determination; with desire to deliver outputs and results
- Demonstrable and proven competence in Systems Engineering and the systems engineering lifecycle
- Domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Sonar and Underwater Acoustics, Maritime Security Systems, Marine technology, Minewarfare, Anti-submarine Warfare, Command and Control Systems (including network architectures and software)
- Good organisational and leadership skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
- The role requires willingness to undertake foreign travel to support product demonstrations, site surveys, installation and acceptance