SYSTEMS ENGINEER RADAR TECHNICAL LEAD
Aerospace Software and Systems
£375.00 - £400.00 per day
about 2 months ago
The primary purpose of the role is to provide the primary surveillance systems engineering expertise, effort and impetus into a Primary Radar Upgrade Programme to the Radar (PSR and SSR). Ability to lead / take ownership of surveillance solutions from design to customer acceptance while working with both the Radar, WAM Solutions and Sites teams will be a fundamental part of this role.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU
- Knowledge / a background or significant familiarisation with Primary surveillance radar systems, installation requirements, coverage and optimisation procedures.
- A Strong background in the design and delivery to site of complex surveillance solutions (Primary and Secondary Radar, Cooperative and Non Cooperative Surveillance solutions).
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to present and explain technical and complex problems, tailored appropriately for the audience.
- An understanding of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles.
- An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer's requirement.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Systems expertise to Radar Solution and Site teams within the Marshall Programme supporting design queries and issue resolution as appropriate. SPECIFICALLY, 1> Knowledge of Surveillance Solution design fundamentals with reference to coverage, location, installation requirements, coverage and optimisation procedures. 2> Lead in support of all proposed "Change" from the Marshall Technical Baseline.
- Ensure all the technical activities undertaken comply with the relevant Marshall Programme Engineering Phase and Engineering Lifecycle and processes.
- Have Input into Supply Chain Activities, technically monitor Surveillance sub-contractors, ensuring flow through of customer technical requirements and technical compliance.
- Review & approve technical specifications for sub-system procurement.
- Participate in the sub-system supplier's technical reviews as required